Family photo time once again. It seems like it was a long time ago when we took them and it was. Close to two years if not two years. Time flies by and even more so since little boy entered our lives.
Thursday, October 08, 2015
Monday, September 14, 2015
With summer coming to an end shortly, we are trying to get as much into the remaining warm days. Today's activity was sidewalk chalk but more like trampoline chalk. We spent the late afternoon coloring what little sidewalk we have and coloring the trampoline. We had a great time until I forced him in for the night. He was so mad at me but it was getting cold and storms were developing.
|He made a ghost and mad him sad with a friend face.|
He didn't want his picture taken and was letting me know.
|Sidewalk chalk art of my not so little baby. I love this little boy|
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Tuesday, September 08, 2015
|Waiting for the other kids to arrive before they head down to school.|
|Lucas and his best buddy James Coles|
|Brooklyn Coles, James Coles and Lucas|
Thursday, July 23, 2015
Last fall when we cut down the big cottonwood tree in our yard we kept contemplating what to do with the old tree stump. We talked about turning it into a slide, building a deck into it so we could build a tree house for Luke and even talked about grinding it down to nothing. Finally we thought it would be a great planter but didn't know how to go about it and it kept being pushed back and didn't think we would do anything to it this summer.
Well last week we came across the exact idea we had and went to investigate it and how they did it. It was so full of flowers we couldn't see how they did it, so we didn't know if the tree was already hollow or if they did something hollow it out.
Because we knew it was possible, we googled it and found that a company used a mattock to clear it out, so we tried that and it was taking way too long, so we tried chiseling it out with and the chain saw and then mattock, but that wasn't working either (chain was getting full all of the time) finally we decided to burn it out with charcoal.
Success- we could see it was the easiest way to get the depth we needed, though we had to do this 4 times. But it still worked.
Finally we scooped the ashes out drilled a drainage hole in the deepest part of the stump (we didn't have a long enough but so it took us awhile to get it lined up correctly. Finally we put gravel in to help drainage and added the soil and topped it with our flowers.