Sunday, February 23, 2014

Chicken Coop


Last weekend Betty gave us her chicken coop and 5 chickens, by the time we got to this weekend  all but one were dead. Tonka got it with them and killed them. So this weekend Chris and I worked on the coop to reinforce it to keep the dogs and whatever else out. We put lattice up where the chicken wire was, then we got 6 more chickens from my boss.  
Today we went out to do our chores of watering  the chickens and cleaning out old straw and putting clean straw in. We also helped dad feed the cows. Farm life is great especially when you have a boy that loves to be out there helping.
Lukie playing in the pile of straw we piled by the coop. Such a great picture. His smile melts my heart.


The reinforces chicken coop. It needs just a fresh new coat of red paint.

Raven the new chicken.

Red chicken is the original chicken that survived Tonka. We call her Penny. 

New chicken

Mommy and Lukie waiting for daddy to load the feed truck with hay.

 Love this picture. I love that he enjoys the farm life as much as I do.

I finally got Luke to pet a puppy but he still loves his Bailey girl more.

1 comment:

Dave and Andrea said...

I love that same picture of him looking out the truck with the view of the side mirror. It's an amazing picture, great job capturing this moment Steph!