Monday, July 28, 2014

1st Camping Trip

Chuck and Meagan were going camping for his birthday and invited us. So we decided Friday afternoon to load all of the camping gear up and go with them. It was a very last minute decision but we knew we could have it loaded quickly and be up to the camp spot within a few hours. So we did it and boy was it fun. Lucas was running around and just loving being outside, while we set up the tent, the cook stove and table to unload the food. We spent the evening eating Daddy's chili (ended up way too hot **SPICY**, they put ghost pepper salsa in it.) and looking at fire as it crackled. It was a perfect evening.
 
Tried to put Luke down around 9 but he was out of his element and didn't fall asleep until I laid with him for 2 hours. Exhaustion finally got to him and he was out.
 
Saturday morning we got up and made breakfast. Tried to make pancakes but couldn't get the griddle to distribute the heat evenly. I kept getting burned pancakes on the edge of one side and the other would be raw, so we just ate eggs, sausage and bacon. Following breakfast, Chris and I decided to go to Heise for a bath, I mean to go swimming, while Chuck and Meagan went golfing. We spent most of the afternoon playing in the pool. Luke was so mad that I took him out. He kept yelling, "Poo and DaDa, " as I was getting him dressed. I think he was convinced that Daddy was still swimming without him. I felt bad, but it was getting way past his nap time and he still needed to eat lunch. We headed to the pizza parlor to meet up with Chuck and Meagan for a slice. It was a nice relaxing day. Lucas was so tired he fell asleep on our way back to camp which was only 5 miles away. But he woke up as soon as he realized that we were still camping. So no nap this day. He just loved being outside...
 
Sunday Chris got up and headed home to teach his Sunday lesson while Luke and I stayed behind. We spent the morning in the tent laughing and giggling. When it was time to get up we packed up everything and were ready for when daddy got back to go home. Mom needed a bath and needed  relief from the many mosquito bites that plagued her feet. Luke looked like he would create his own beach in the tub when we got home. He had dirt everywhere. 
 
Our camping trip was very successful and we realized that we could do this more often since Luke did so well. I am hoping that our camping gear won't set in the garage untouched for another 6 years. 

 
 
I'm still clean, for now.


Holding down the fort while Daddy stakes it to the ground




Told him that we were sleeping in the tent, so he laid down.


I'm going to eat you.



 
I knew when we decided to go camping that he would get dirty. I just didn't know how much he would enjoy the dirt.
He couldn't stop playing in it.



He is showing me how clean his hands were.

Kylee and Sophia taking a nap a short time after waking up.
 The day before they were teasing me for needing an air mattress. They realized that I was generous when they woke up the next morning sore and exhausted cause the ground was so hard.



Zorro? Is that you? Nope just Lukie with a mask of dirt.


Maybe he was trying to be a raccoon, you know, to be one with nature.
 
"I don't know how I got so dirty DaDa, it just happened."
       


On our way home to take a bath.
He didn't last 5 minutes in the car. I think this is a good indication that he had a great time.

No comments: