Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

Christmas 2014


 
We were able to get Lucas' tree and the main Christmas tree up on Sunday December 6th. It was fun to put the tree together and watch Lucas' eye light up seeing the tree come together.


 
Lucas loved the whole process of getting the tree up. He loved looking at the lights and playing with the strands that draped down the tree. It was hard for him to leave the jingle bells alone. I keep finding them all over the house.
 
 

 
 
Luke's tree consisted of Hotwheel cars. I tried finding thin black ribbon to make a road to wrap around it but it was either really too thin or way too thick.
 
 
We also decorated the front entry of the house for the first time. We usually have a wreath but this time we added red and white lights to the railing and garland around the door. It turned out great and made it feel more and more like Christmas.
 
 
For the grandparents, I found a very cute idea off of Pinterest,  how to make a darling ornament using your child's hand print. I so wanted to try it but was really worried that Lucas wouldn't comprehend what I wanted him to do. So we practiced a few times and finally got all 6 ornaments made. They turned out so cute and all grandparents thought it was so cute to make snowmen out of his hand print. I myself made two for me just in case one gets broken down the road. Who wouldn't want to have their 2 year old handprint 50 years from now. I am hoping it will be something he will treasure when he is older and it will be on his tree.
 
 


 



 

 

 
 
 
 



 

No comments: