Friday, August 31, 2012

Change is good

After 14 years of being married and trying to have a baby for 13 years, our long wait is about to be over.
Last year was such a whirlwind of a year. I don't think we had that much happen in our entire marriage than what happened in this year. First, I quit my job the end of August and went to work for Doug Andrus. I was recruted by a man named Lynn Fuhriman. He heard about me from Chris Doore-Taylor (Kingston co-worker) and Ilyse Stern (worked with her when I was at Kingston), both whom were now working with Doug Andrus. So on August 29, 2011 I went to work for Doug Andrus.

While working, I found out that Chris and I was expecting. I knew something was weird when, I skipped lunch because I was so busy and it really effected me. So I called Chris to see if he would be willing to bring me something to eat, but he was too busy and couldn't. I was starving. I have skipped lunch so many times why was this different. I decided to go to Walmart and get a pregnancy test, not expecting anything since nothing has ever happened before. Test came out positive. Wow, really after that long we were going to have a baby.

After we were living two days on cloud nine with the up coming arrival of our baby, we were in an accident that injured both Chris and I. We were so scared that we would lose this baby and would be once again heart broken. We were able to heal after months of rehab. Chris is still not as strong in his injured leg, but the Dr said, that would always be his bad leg for the rest of his life.

Our final change was we welcomed our beautiful baby boy on August 28, 2012.

So we had 5 major changes with in the year, August 29, 2011 thru August 28, 2012. Wow, I wouldn't change anything that happened this year, including the accident. It has made us who we are and much stronger individually and as a couple.

No comments: