Friday, August 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Lukie

Happy 2nd Birthday Boo Bear!

Yesterday, we celebrated this cute boy's 2nd birthday. We started the day off by going to breakfast at Smitty's with Uncle Chuck. There he was given a strawberry cake with a candle in it. He tried to pick the flame up and got slightly burnt.. He didn't try that again. Following breakfast, we took him to the park again. He love the huge slide and we couldn't not miss the opportunity to slide down again especially on his birthday. By the time we got home, it was nap time and he was ready for it.
When he got up, we took him out side to get some pictures of him at his birth minute. This is what we came up with. (Side note: we are having the trees cut down and topped and that is why he is playing with the sticks and the horrible mess in the back ground with all the branches on the grass, it did make for some pretty pictures though because of all the greenery around the flower bed, which is now destroyed cuz tree fell the wrong way.)

Sitting on one of the many logs in the yard. But made for a great prop)


My beautiful boy.

Cheese!

My favorite picture.
I love that he is laughing.

He loves his dada.


 After opening presents and playing with them it was time for dinner. I made fajitas and corn on the cob, he loved it. At a whole ear of corn, avocado and the steak meat and peppers from the fajitas. After dinner we played a while longer and then it was cake time. (we are going to have a birthday party for him in Boise in a couple of weeks and that is when I will make his birthday cake, so more pictures will come.)
Waiting patiently while momma put the candles on the cake and to find a lighter.

Love this picture of these two.
Now if we could get Dada to smile instead of opening his mouth in every picture.

He blew out his candles and didn't try to touch the flame this time. Lesson learned.


                   

I love that he sampled the frosting while I got the matches to light the candles.


 After cake we gave him a bath and put him in his birthday jammies. I tried to get a picture of him showing my that he is too, but he wouldn't hold still. Too much sugar? Most likely.  But they turned out cute still. I got a video showing that he is two and him explaining to me, "Two Mom!" So he is officially 2. I can't believe I have a 2 year old.

Lukie bouncing up and down showing me that he is two.




I am so grateful to be the mother of this little boy. He has brought me the greatest blessing, to be his momma. He has taught me to be more patient, loving, selfless and pure happiness. Nothing better in the world then when he tells me he loves me. Pure Happiness!

No comments: