Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall Drive through the Centennial Valley Montana/Idaho Border

Today we got to take a beautiful fall drive through the Centennial Valley that goes across the Idaho/Montana border. We had a bag delivery in Island Park and with the fall colors in full bloom Chris wanted to take me to a place he knew was gorgeous and I had never been.

We started our journey on the north side of Henry's Lake and made our way to the Monida Pass on I-15. It was a muddy road but the colors and beauty of this land was worth the muddy car. 

You never see a single quaken aspen by itself.








Hell Roaring Creek was at flood stages. It was gushing with water.

Antelope heard we came across.

Red Rock Lake

Lukie being his perfect traveling self.
I am so glad he likes going on drives with us.



This was an old barn we came across.
It had an old pioneer cemetery adjacent to it with the name Jones across the entrance. 



When I took this picture of the road leading to the cemetery, I felt that this land was sacred.
Not sure why, but I got a very calming respectful feeling come over me.
 

No comments: