Wednesday, July 25, 2012

4D Ultra Sound

We decided to take a peak at our upcoming arrival. It honestly felt as if we were sneaking a peak on the greatest Christmas gift ever. But I so wanted to know what he looked like and have that experience on seeing him one more time while he was still in my tummy.  When we were 34 weeks along we had this experience and sure glad we got these pictures. While the technician was giving me the ultrasound we not only got a peak of his smashing good looks but we also got a brief glimpse of his personality. The technician had to shake my tummy to get Lucas to move his hands and arms and when ever she did so, he got the scowl of all scowls on his face. He didn't like it one bit. Chris and I just laughed, we knew this little kid is going to be stubborn. Stubbornness is on both sides so we won't blame it on one person. The technician also asked if large babies were in our family just like the doctor did with the 20 week ultrasound. I told her yes and she commented that this kid already had huge cheeks and if she had to guesstimate she would say he was 7lb to 7 1/2 lbs already. I got worried because I know that the final weeks is when the baby puts on the most weight, on average a 1/2 lb a week, and if I am only 34 weeks now add another 6 weeks would add another 3 lbs on top of the guesstimate, making him a 10lb baby at full 40 weeks. Boy was she right. Lucas was born 39 weeks and still weighed 10lbs 2oz, he didn't need that extra week to make the guess by the technician correct.


He has hair.

He still sucks in his lower lip.

No comments: