Sunday, October 05, 2014

Conference Fun at Avery Acres

 
It has been a long time since I posted about spending good quality time at the cabin. It has been at least 3 or 4 years. Sure, we have come up to check on the cows and to bring them home in the past, but it has been a long time since we planned to stay up there for the weekend. Our plans did change and we only got to spend a day up there. Which was ok. We still had fun. We invited the Andrus' to come up and listen to conference with us and then in between the sessions to play. So that is exactly what we did.
 
We arrived early Saturday morning enough to get breakfast underway before the first session started. Val and BT made yummy breakfast burritos and raspberry/sour cream pancakes. The kids scarfed it up quickly. And the parents enjoyed their food while we listened to conference. The kids became a little crazy toward the end of the 2nd half so I took them outside and we played in the yard.
 
These three are the cutest little stinkers and are waiting so patiently for breakfast.

Leah is weary of Lucas. She doesn't quite trust him and it makes me laugh to see her watch for him.
 When conference was finished, the rest of them came out and we decided to go for a ride. So we loaded up everyone and off we went for a ride around the parameters of the Avery land. It took us about an hour.
The Andrus' girls looked so cute in their little helmets. I think they were excited to go for a ride.

Aren't they the cutest little family.
I remember not so long ago, it was just Val, BT, Chris and I, and now we both have kids to occupy our time and hearts.

Our selfie on the quad.

Our view on top of the hill. I was so surprised that the colors were not deeper. It was just starting to change colors.

Not long into our journey, Lukie decided to fall asleep.
Of all places to fall a sleep. He must have liked snuggling up against me and listening to the hum of the quad as it was running us across the back country. He woke up just as we pulled up to the cabin. He missed the whole thing. But it made for a very happy baby.
After our quad ride, we fed everyone sandwiches and enjoyed the afternoon conference.  Kids got restless again about the 2nd hour, so I took them out again. We took them to the tire pile where they played for just a few seconds. They wanted to go to the leaning pine or what is left of the leaning pine.



 
We finally arrived to the leaning pine and thought it would be fun to take pictures and build a fort out of all the downed logs. The little ones helped me pick out the larger logs and they helped on the much smaller ones.


See Leah would always react to whatever or where ever Lucas was. It made me laugh. Hopefully as they get bigger they will become better friends. Lucas and Elizabeth on the other hand always get a long really well.

She is such and angel. Sure love this girl and all her cuteness.

This is actually what was left of a hug by these two.
 I wasn't quick enough on the trigger to snap the picture of the actual hug.

Leah was totally wanting her picture taken and was smiling, but at the last minute Lucas did something and she looked away. But it still turned out to be an adorable picture. She was a girl after my own heart. She wanted to hold my hand the whole time we were outside, which is huge. Usually, she is very shy around me.
 

Kids in their fort.
 I couldn't for the life of me get the kids to look at me at the same time.
 I always had at least one looking away, but that is normal right?
 
 After the fort, I was trying to come up with ideas to occupy them and remembered one of the things I loved when I was up in the mountains was to do a scavenger hunt. The kids loved it. I would tell them what I wanted and they each had to bring me one. They were running around the forest floor looking for whatever the object I called out.

Here is the loot from our scavenger hunt.

Our view around the leaning pine.


 
The time came when it was time to clean up and head out. We had a great time together as family friends and look forward to the next adventure.

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh, you took such great pics of a great weekend. Thanks for inviting us - another good cabin weekend :) the one of Leah pointing at Luke is so funny! Love ya.