Friday, October 03, 2014

Temple Night

Friday evening we spent our time at the temple with Meagan and Chuck. Meagan was able to go through the temple to get her endowments. They have been working really hard to get married in the temple and they are now even closer. At the end of the month they will actually be sealed for time and all eternity,but it was so fun to participate and see Meagan's testimony grow. They have a very busy next couple of months approaching with the temple ceremony and they welcoming their baby girl at the end of November.  But I am very grateful to them for letting us participate in this special event, I felt the spirit there and I know she felt the spirit as well, it was strong that night.
 



 
I am so grateful for the temple and my testimony of the covenants I made at the House of the Lord. I am so grateful that I have a husband that will go with me to the temple and that he is a worthy priesthood holder. I can't imagine my life without the gospel, nor do I want too. Life would be a lot harder. Its funny to think that people (not of my faith) thinks all our rules would be difficult to live by, but I think the opposite, it makes for a simpler life. I don't have to worry about the choices that are out there. I was raise with what my moral stance would and should be to live a happy healthy life and because I knew my decisions before hand, when they were placed before me, I didn't have to think. I knew what my decision was and that was my answer.
 
I am grateful for my parents and all of those who impacted my life to help me build a sturdy foundation of the gospel. It has grown deeper as I get older and even more so since Luke has come into our lives. I want to help him build a strong foundation to his testimony of the gospel and to our dear Savior and Father. Like it says in Helaman 5:12: "Remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Chris, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth this mighty winds, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have NO power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they  cannot fall."
 
 I want him to know that it is through the Atonement that we can live happy lives and know that we can return to the presence of our Father and we will not fall. What a great promise.
The gospel makes me happy!!

No comments: